Lesson 1 – Additional budgets to track
- Revenue with donor restrictions. Organizations with restricted grants can list the grants, restrictions, amounts separately.
- Fundraising. Organizations with different fundraising sources can use tracking and monitoring separately.
- Core vs aspirational budgeting. For organizations who would like to expand in the future but do not currently have the funds to pay for the growth.
- Personnel. Ideal for tacking each staff position, including full-time, part-time or contract employees with benefit assumptions.
- Program economics. Understanding economics of each program can help provide insight into how each contributes to overall business model.
- Contingency line item. Being prepared to handle the unexpected into the expense part of the budget helps in planning and reducing the risks.